Thursday, September 24, 2009

"If you can't get to sleep, try lying on the end of the bed - you might drop off." - Anon

For several days (has it been a week?) I've had major difficulty sleeping. Tonight has been no different. I've tried simply laying in bed, reading, knitting, a little bit of nyquil, returning back to bed, laying some more, putting on a blindfold - my body and mind just won't shut down. It's not that I'm dwelling on anything, at least I don't think I am. If anything, the only deterrent my subconscious may have is because of some not-so-pleasant dreams I've had recently, but I don't believe that was the start, of this cycle. As of late I'll sleep, perhaps an hour or three, and then be up, for a couple hours, before I can go back to sleep.

It appears as insomnia has reared its' head, again. It's been a while since I've had trouble sleeping, but the last span lasted over a week, probably two. I'm looking forward to this being over and done with, and looking forward to the weekend, where I can find comfort in sharing sleeping quarters with my significant.

Today will be interesting, as I have activities, with Bry, in the AM - additionally, he's not been sleeping the best, either. Nap times have been a little later (and longer, my fault because I've been tired), and bed times have been later, and shorter. I'm not sure if he'll nap today, or if I'll "let" him. I need to adjust his sleep - and if I can, mine.

Off to do a few things, and lather, rinse, repeat until I succumb to sleep.

No comments: